I feel like going down memory lane. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I had my birthday last week. Who knows? I want to share with you some of my favorite childhood restaurants in Ottawa AND in Toronto (as I spend many weekends visiting friends when I was a teenager).
Here’s my list of fav childhood restaurants in Ottawa!
1. The Red Barn: This was a fast-food chain with over 300 locations throughout the States and Southern Ontario in the 1970’s. Lucky me – there was one in my neighbourhood!
2. The Green Valley Resort: I spent many happy occasions here and fondly remember their Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Dessert.
4. Golden Palace (2195 Carling Ave) – another hangout when I was a teenager. This restaurant is still around and I regularly drop by for their epic egg rolls! The decor is right out of the 1970’s….worth a visit.
5. The Revolving Restaurant: I also remembering going to the revolving restaurant to celebrate my birthday. It closed after 38 years and is now an event space, operated by the Marriott.
6. Tramp’s and Yesterday’s – both restaurants were pretty popular spots when I was a teenager. Have no idea what we ATE but I can certainly remember groups of us going to these restaurants on a pretty regular basis.
Here’s My List of Childhood Favorite Restaurants in Toronto
1. Pickle Barrel (in the Peanut Plaza). Again – no idea what we ate here but I remember groups of us (ie 20 or more) visiting this restaurant on weekends.
2. Inn on the Park – there was a cafe in the hotel that we use to hang out at.
3. Toby’s Good Eats – I fondly remember a brownie dish.
4. Mr. Greenjeans (220 Yonge St) – I don’t think I’ve been back here since I was 16 but I should! Maybe one day.
What are your favourite childhood restaurants?