Toronto has no shortage of fabulous events. Here’s a few that are on my radar for the month of May!
1 Massey Centre invites the community to attend its first “Cook for New Lives” gala fundraiser. This event is taking place at George Brown College Hospitality and Culinary Arts Centre on Wednesday May 4th from 6 to 9 pm. Tickets are available for $99 which includes a cocktail reception, gourmet cuisine, no-host bar and silent auction.
2. Toronto Jewish Film Festival. (May 5th to May 15th). I’ve been attending this festival for a few years now and every year I attend a few films that leave a huge impression on me. Can’t wait.
3. My favourite Sample Sale is coming up. This sale will feature Fall/Winter clothes for the upcoming season and it should NOT be missed. TRUST ME.
4. Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival.(May 1- 31, 2016) Did you know that CONTACT is the largest photography event in the world and features over 1500 artists in 200 exhibitions? I’ve never gone (believe it or not) but I’m really going to try this year and attend one of the many exhibits across the city.
5. Appleseed Cider Festival. Need I say more?
6. The Canadian Tulip Festival. I know it’s not in Toronto but I just had to include this festival. It’s well worth the drive to see this spectacular event which features over a million tulips in 50 varieties blooming in public spaces across the National Capital Region.
Like I said, there’s no shortage of things to do in May.