I recently worked at the Restaurants Canada giving out samples of squeaky cheese curds to a variety of people who work in the Restaurant Industry (chefs, caterers, restaurant owners, etc).
When I took my breaks, I quickly walked thru the show to discover new products and say hello to fellow exhibitors like Lemon Lily, Lorelyns Gourmet Desserts and Walter Craft Caesar.
Here’s a few products that caught my eye. For some reason they are all beverages…which either indicates that I was really thirsty or it’s a growing category!!
- Pink Lemonade Beer by Farmery Estate Beer! #interesting
2. Hatch – Cold Brew Iced Tea. Love the packaging and the combo!
3. This organic Maple Syrup Soda
Plus this beverage caught my eye as well. Especially the blood orange flavour!
I ate and ate and ate for 3 days solid…a little this and a little of that. When I got home there was no need for dinner just a huge need to lie on the couch!! (can you say Netflix and Chill?).
The best part of the show was knowing that Uber Eats would deliver to my booth. All I did was download the app, order what i wanted from the menu (which would come from other exhibitors) and within 20 minutes it was delivered. Oh how I love technology (and food t00).
Already looking forward to the next trade show which will be SIAL – May 2 to 4th.
I must have a super power for sourcing new products. Recently I attended the The Restaurants Canada Show and I consistently found new products with no effort at all. Note: I have a feeling this has something to do with the fact that I was once a food sales rep.
So here’s what I found at the show which featured over 1,000 exhibitors. Yes – I was there for HOURS. I shmoozed, sampled, and walked up and down aisles from noon to 4 pm. I can tell you one thing: I did not need to eat lunch or dinner!!
1. NUBA…this is a naturally handcrafted hibiscus brewed tea. I think this beverage would be amazing in a cocktail (Hey CocktailDeeva are you reading this?)
2. Natrel is launching a line of butter. What took them so long? This will be the only dairy cooperative to offer a butter with salt. Look out for it on shelves starting in May 2015.
3. M & M’s has introducted a chocolate bar. How sweet!
4. Primo has started to make Tomato Juice as well. I love how there’s a Canadian Flag on the packaging!
5. This stunning line of mustards, distributed by the Hungry Artisan. I’m a sucker for great packaging and mustards. In fact I once wrote a blog post called “how many mustards are in your fridge?”. LOL
6. Station Cold Brew Coffee Co: This is a smooth, fresh and easy way to customize, cold brewed coffee without compromising quality or flavour. Adore that this is a local company!
7. Ninettes …this delicious ice cream is low in carbs (yay) and so flavourful. On a side note: they were featured on Dragons Den!
Happy Grocery Shopping!!