In the event that you don’t have a cottage or you aren’t taking a summer vacation – DON’T WORRY. I swear to you, that there’s no shortage of events and festivals right here in Toronto.
BlogTO recently posted: Top 54 Festivals in Toronto this summer. Click here to read that list. It’s quite impressive.
BlogTO also posted: Top Ten Food Festivals near Toronto this Summer. Click here to read that list. Again – quite impressive.
I love BlogTO. Don’t you? May I suggest that you subscribe to them or download their app so you can stay on top of all the fabulous events/restaurant openings, etc that are taking place? #hint.
There’s also neighbourhood events like the Mount Pleasant Village Shop, Dine and Wine on June 16th.
My Summer Bucket list includes:
–Camping: Went last year to Elora. As you can see from this photo we picked a pretty quiet spot. #score
-Hiking in the Hamilton area to see waterfalls. Specifically Webster Waterfalls. (which I keep seeing photos of on the internet)
-Learning to row. (I say this ever summer)
-Biking along the lake shore and on county roads. Believe it or not I bought this used bike in the Spring of 2015 and have never used it. ARGGHH
-Visiting a pick-your-own- cherry farm.
Let’s see what I can accomplish. Time will tell.
Have a wonderful summer everyone!
I’m a big fan of community events and love to support them. Therefore I’m blogging about a community event called Shop Wine and Dine, that I thought I might share BEFORE the event takes place. I know how much you hate when I blog about something AFTER an event.
So mark your calendars for the Mount Pleasant Village Shop Wine & Dine event on June 16th from 5 to 9 pm. FYI – Mount Pleasant Rd is located between Eglinton and Davisville. RAIN OR SHINE.
Retailers and restaurateurs will “roll out the red carpet” for local residents, people who work in the neighbourhood, shoppers, and commuters heading home. Guests will be entertained by live bands, shopping sales, and order from specialty restaurant menus created exclusively for this event.
The event will feature 4 to 6 live bands along the street which will certainly create a festive environment. Plus many retailers will be offering specials. For example: Manor Hair Salon will be offering FREE braids and Healthwinds Spa will be delighting visitors with free hand massages. You can even drop into Saati Fine Jewellery for an inspection and cleaning. Please note that parents can leave their kids for $5 at Kidnasium (limited space – call ahead to book) while they walk along Mount Pleasant. Click here for more information about this great service.
Trust me, the whole street gets involved and it’s a lot of fun.
I encourage you to spend some time on their fabulous website so you get acquainted with the shops and services along Mount Pleasant. It truly is a fabulous community with lots to offer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post however all opinions are my own
It’s that time of year when I get super busy going to as many events as possible so I can embrace Spring and Summer as much as I can.
Here we go:
1. Currently I’m busy watching as many films as I can at the Toronto Jewish Film Festival, which is taking place till May 10th. I’ve watched the first three episodes of the Israeli hit TV Series “Hostages” and will be back for more!! Seeing as I’ve just returned from Israel…this is the perfect festival for me.
2. I’m off to Ottawa on Sunday May 10th to see the Canadian Tulip Festival. I think this Festival which is taking place May 8 to 18th, is nothing short of spectacular… so I try not to miss it. Check out http://tulipfestival.ca/ for more details.
2. On Saturday May 9th it’s the Mount Pleasant Village 3rd Annual Kids’ Fun Day. Nothing beats a community festival. Not to mention, I’m a huge fan of the restaurants/bakeries along this street!! Check out www.mountpleasantvillage.ca for more info about all the fun events that will be taking place.
3. Recently I was introduced to U-Feast. Their tag line is: Exclusive Food and Wine Experiences for people with a passion for life. UM…Hello…That’s ME!! Lucky me, I will be attending their upcoming event on May 19th called: Campagnolo’s Greatest Hits 2010 and 2015. Believe it or not, I’ve never been to this restaurant so I’m super excited. Check out their website for more details about all their upcoming events. www.ufeast.com
4. The Stop’s Night Market will be taking place on June 17 and 18th at a new location!(181 Sterling). This event will SELL OUT fast. This is what you need to know: Mark down – May 13th at noon and PRE REGISTER your account. Important details are here: http://nightmarket.thestop.org/#details. Seriously this event is NOT to be missed.
5. The Social Good Conference, on May 25th and May 26th at the Telus Centre, has caught my interest too. I especially like the “pay it forward” registration fee. Not to mention there’s a wide variety of speakers.
Have I missed any other events. LOL. I’m sure there’s lots more!!